The high vibrations of a Reiki / energy session catalyze a number of shifts in the physical, mental, emotional, and energetic bodies. The effects are most noticeable in the first 10 days following a session. The first 3 days are often the most intense.
Here is a summary of commonly reported experiences after a session. Since every person and situation is different, your experience may include some or none of these.
Feeling energetically “lighter,” balanced, and centered
– Increased intuitive abilities and sensitivities to energy, sound, light, and food
– Pressure around the head and ears (slight headache is possible)
– Suggestions: If your sensitivities become bothersome, set an intention to “turn down” the volume button on your intuitive abilities.
Moodiness and irritability as energy continues to release and integrate
– Feeling a range of emotions and thought patterns
– Evaluating beliefs and situations that limit your self-expression/authenticity
– Suggestions: Journaling to create a new perspective and “have your emotions versus your emotions having you.” Being outdoors, walking, exercise, and dancing are all ways to give motion to e-motions! ☺
Sleep is often very restful following a session with intense, vivid dreams
– Some clients experience a couple nights of disrupted sleep, waking up a few times and falling back to sleep easily
– Suggestions: Set an intention to wake up rested, rejuvenated, and restored.
– Lightheadedness, buzzing/pressure around the head and ears
– Physical detox including fatigue, slight headache, upset stomach, purging, runny nose, night sweats, or low fever (lasting a few hours)
– Old aches or pains dating a few years back may resurface for a few days
– Suggestions: Stay hydrated and honor the body’s need for rest
This is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or symptoms.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
With Love and Light,